Monday, December 10, 2012

Hello Again!

It has been a really long time since I last posted, and a lot has happened during my absence.  Probably the biggest event was Luke's homecoming from his very long deployment.  We figured out that he has been at sea for 9 1/2 months this year.  It blows my mind when I think about that.  Luckily that time has gone by rather quickly.  Bronson and I have kept busy, and that really helps. 











In October, when Luke was away, there was a modeling fair on the base.  A bunch of modeling agencies from Tokyo came in to take applications and photograph Americans interested in the modeling business.  This is something Luke had always thought would be a great opportunity for Bronson.  His blue eyes and blonde hair are a big hit here, and we thought it would be smart to use that to start a college fund for him.  We have been contacted multiple times for possible modeling jobs.  None of them have worked out yet.  But he's scheduled for his first photo shoot next week.  I'm really intimidated by all this.  The fact that I have to drive to some unknown destination in Tokyo and corral a toddler around to try to get him to cooperate for pictures seems daunting (especially if he has to miss his nap).  I've been told that there will be someone there who's specific job is to entertain and tend to his needs.  We'll see how it goes.  But how can you resist those beautiful eyes?!




Another thing that has kept me busy is school.  I decided to apply to an online RN-to-BSN program, so that I can finally finish my bachelor degree.  It's been going pretty well.  When Luke was deployed I had a great system.  Since my evenings were usually when I felt Luke's absence the most, that's when I would do my schoolwork.  Now that Luke is home, the evenings are when I want to spend time with him.  So I've had to give up some of the activities I did during B's nap to do schoolwork.  It's worked out pretty well, but I'm glad that the semester is almost over.



"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies." -Psalm 18:2,3


No comments:

Post a Comment