Friday, August 5, 2011

The End of Tour de Bebe...Finally!

From St. Louis we drove over to Kansas City, KS to visit some old friends from Pensacola.  We had so much fun catching up with Roy and Julia and eating Kansas City mm.  I was feeling pretty tired and worn down by this time, so I wish that we could have stayed longer with them. 
Checking out Uncle Roy's tattoos...sorry, Bronson, not allowed until you're at least 18.
The next morning we booked it up to Pella, IA to visit my parents and siblings.  This was Dad's first time seeing Bronson.  They fell asleep in front of the TV together pretty often during our stay there.  We stayed for a week, and of course, I got a horrible cold almost the entire time which I passed to poor Bronson.  We took a lot of walks, got pedicures, went shopping, and visited the winery in Leighton right across the road from where I grew up.  "Grandma" was ecstatic to show off the boy to all of her coworkers and friends at church.  We went all over the place.  :)
Proud Grandpa
Watching his first movie, VeggieTales: The Ballad of Little Joe
Aunt Rachel
Uncle Ben
high school baseball game
After a week in Iowa we headed back towards Indiana.  At the last minute we decided to go up to Bair Lake Bible Camp for a day in Jones, MI because some old friends of ours happened to be there that weekend.  Unfortunately, I have no pictures to document our short time there.  We had lots of reminiscing while there, and both Luke and I wish we could do camp again this year.
The next morning we went back to Warsaw, IN to spend a few more days with Luke's family.  At this point it was finally starting to hit me that we were actually going to Japan.  We did a lot of last minute arrangements and things while there and spent as much time as we could with family playing cards and hanging out.  One night we cooked dinner and had some old high school friends over.  I have more pictures of the family in a non-digital format that I will get on here another time.
Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Lindemuth
On July 20th we drove up Chicago for our flight out to Seattle.  We were at the Seattle airport overnight and flew out the next morning to Yokota Air Force Base, Japan.  We landed on the 22nd in Japan.  It has been an adventure, but everything has gone very smoothly from traveling to transitioning.  More to come...
All ready for the flight in his airplane outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment