Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Purchases

We have a few new items in our house after this past weekend.  They held what is called a "Bazaar" at a nearby Army base last weekend.  It's a sort of flea market-type thing where they bring in a bunch of vendors to sell their stuff.  We had heard lots of good things about these bazaars and wanted to check it out.  We ended up coming home with 3 large pieces of furniture.  I was NOT expecting that.




(Please excuse the lighting in these pictures.  I happened to take them at night.)  We got two bookshelves.  One has glass doors on each shelf.  We thought it might be nice to have since Bronson seems to love to pull things off of shelves.  These bookshelves are solid oak and VERY heavy!  It was hard to get them into the house and to their spots along the wall with two big guys carrying them.  Whew!  I'm glad we had those guys because I would have been no help at all. 


This, surprisingly is my favorite piece.  It's an antique Mongolian buffet cabinet.  Actually, the vendor who sold it to us called it an "Imperial Cabinet".  Luke told me today that that's what he wants to start calling it.  Right now it is serving as our TV stand until we get back into an American house where it will serve as a buffet.  At first, I wasn't really digging the colored furniture that seems to be a big characteristic of a lot of Asian furniture.  But this one was a little more subdued, and I loved the painted on flowers on the cabinet doors. 

 



Another new purchase was this tea set.  Isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen?  After buying this set, I keep seeing owl things all over the place.  I love it!




I will end with this.  I don't even know what to say.  It's so Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment