Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

Our adventure started with a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at Memorial Presbyterian Church in St. Augustine, FL with our friends, Adam & Anne Reid and Wan & Emily.  Anne Reid is on the staff at the church.  This church was beautiful!  It was the first congregation established in Florida in 1824.
We then had dinner at Adam & Anne Reid's place.  It was a fun time telling stories over yummy roast beef and potatoes.
When I was getting ready for our Christmas Eve evening, I was having a hard time trying to find something to wear.  I don't have as many options now that I don't fit into some of my regular clothes.  Luke handed me a wrapped box to open.  He had picked out this blue sweater and leggings to go with it and wanted me to wear it that night.  I thought that it was very sweet, and the girls were all impressed that he had picked out that outfit by himself.
Laika was anxious for Christmas morning to come.
On Christmas morning, Luke and I exchanged our gifts and lounged around playing with our gifts.  :)  We then went over to Matt & Wendy's place for some Christmas dinner.  We had turkey with stuffing, green bean casserole, roasted potatoes, and pumpkin pie cake for dessert.  It was delicious!  We had a great time over there playing cribbage and singing worship songs after our dinner.

On Monday night, Luke's parents came into town.  We've had a great time with them playing lots of games, going out to eat, and playing golf.  Wednesday we went down to St. Augustine and walked around the historic downtown area.  It was fun to see all the touristy things.  We went to Fort Matanzas and read about Spain's defense of St. Augustine against the British before the United States was the United States.  Then we went to Columbia's restaurant that served Spanish/Latin/American food.

 On Thursday, we spent the day on the golf course.  I became Mom's personal driver on the course since I was not golfing. 
This is just part of our adventure during this holiday season.  I hope you all are having a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment